Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Children Of Addicts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you endorse the temp removal of the child
Yes, being brough up seeing parents use smack is abusive in itself, and therefore, it is justified
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but the worry would be what to do about other addicts, such as drinkers...
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
You would not remove the child for the observing the intake of smack, alone. Only if there was abuse.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Something else, but say what!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Yahweh
Why isn't anybody listening?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
Yahweh wrote:

Human rights for Paedophile's, never mind the kids!

Ha! Classic tactic of one whose facts and logic have been proven faulty: change the subject and make shocking statements statements to draw attention away from the faulty facts and logic! Cool Some things never change.

Do you know something, and this is the truth.

I was speaking to someone on here, and when they said to me "Steve, that is the 5th time you have asked SG a straight question, which she keeps avoiding", shall I tell you what my reply was...

I said, and I quote - "What she will eventually do is come on with some contrived story about how she has experience of those with opiate abuse, if not directly, then in some other way, and it will be made up".

As you say, some things never change, eh Stephanie.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahweh wrote:
seattlegal wrote:
Yahweh wrote:

Human rights for Paedophile's, never mind the kids!

Ha! Classic tactic of one whose facts and logic have been proven faulty: change the subject and make shocking statements statements to draw attention away from the faulty facts and logic! Cool Some things never change.

Do you know something, and this is the truth.

I was speaking to someone on here, and when they said to me "Steve, that is the 5th time you have asked SG a straight question, which she keeps avoiding",

If you go back and review the posts, you will see that your "running count" of your repeating yourself was off--showing that you can't even count. Razz

Quote:
shall I tell you what my reply was...I said, and I quote - "What she will eventually do is come on with some contrived story about how she has experience of those with opiate abuse, if not directly, then in some other way, and it will be made up".

Gee, you just made that up in your imagination, didn't you? Has nothing to do with reality, does it?

Quote:
As you say, some things never change, eh sg.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Really? The story is true. Do you like hanging out your family's dirty laundry for all to see? I was hoping that you might try to educate yourself on the matter, so I wouldn't have to do that. Still, I would urge you to educate yourself more fully on the matter of heroin addiction.

Oh, and for the second time, {first one being via a PM, second one being here on the forum board,} I would appreciate it if you would remove my name from your posts, and refrain from using it again.

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Do you have any defensible arguments or evidence to present, or would you rather just continue with the suppositions and personal attacks?

Last edited by seattlegal on Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yahweh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For as long as you continue to be condescending, why would or should I facilitate your requests.

Besides, are you ashamed of your name?

It is not the first time it has been used on here, and I am Steve, feel free to use that, Stephanie.

Laughing
Yahweh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
I was speaking to someone on here, and when they said to me "Steve, that is the 5th time you have asked SG a straight question, which she keeps avoiding",

If you go back and review the posts, you will see that your "running count" of your repeating yourself was off--showing that you can't even count. Razz
Nit picking, see. Fact is that you avoided it, because you knew that you have no experience of anyone with a smack habit. However, in your own way, you too are an addict.

Quote:
shall I tell you what my reply was...I said, and I quote - "What she will eventually do is come on with some contrived story about how she has experience of those with opiate abuse, if not directly, then in some other way, and it will be made up".

Gee, you just made that up in your imagination, didn't you? Has nothing to do with reality, does it?

Nope, it was was sent to me via PM. Please keep going though, you are a hoot![/quote]
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahweh wrote:
For as long as you continue to be condescending, why would or should I facilitate your requests.

Actually you are the one engaging in personal attacks. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Besides, are you ashamed of your name?

It is not the first time it has been used on here, and I am Steve, feel free to use that, sg

Laughing

You are using my name as a tool for a personal attack, and continue to do so even after being politely requested to not use my name.
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahweh wrote:
seattlegal wrote:
Quote:

Nit picking, see. Fact is that you avoided it, because you knew that you have no experience of anyone with a smack habit. However, in your own way, you too are an addict.

Hey, you are the one who started the personal attacks and the question that you kept repeating was a set up for a personal attack. I'll nit pick it, especially since it demonstrates that you are the one who claims to know everything without producing anything other than authoritative proclaimations and sweeping generalizations without substanciating proof. Your lack of accuracy can be demonstrated in the fact that in one of your sweeping statements, you can't even accurately count. Razz What does that say about the rest of your accuracy?

• Fact: You have absolutely no idea about my experiences with addicts. Instead, you prefer to believe ideas that you make up in your own imagination.
  • Another fact: I do know about my experiences with addicts.
  • Another fact: You cannot take my experiences away from me.
  • Another fact: Your obvious lack of research is showing in that you have "announced" "definitions" about addicts that even a quick bit of research will prove to be false.
  • Another fact: If you examine the the above facts, it will prove that you have been writing out of ignorance.

Quote:
Quote:

Nope, it was was sent to me via PM. Please keep going though, you are a hoot!

I was referring to your reply to the PM. The following quote could prove helpful to you, if you would consider the implications:
Quote:
To treat your facts with imagination is one thing, to imagine your facts is quite another.
--John Bouroughs, Journal, Oct. 24, 1907

Last edited by seattlegal on Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Fran Young
Yahweh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Markandeya wrote:
Dr Fran Young

No.

Just another a lady who thinks she is above everyone else.

There is a lot if it about.

So, let us beleive SG (will not use her name!).

Let us asssume that she has had these 'experiences', and that they are 100% true.

So what?

There is one exception to every rule.

Btw, as I read this, a child of 5 in the UK has just been found malnourished and living in squalor.

His parents?

Addicts.
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahweh wrote:
Markandeya wrote:
Dr Fran Young

No.

More personal attacks? Why not take them to the flame forum where they belong?

Quote:

Let us asssume that she has had these 'experiences', and that they are 100% true.

So what?

Btw, as I read this, a child of 5 in the UK has just been found malnourished and living in squalor.

His parents?

Addicts.

Hey, if the child has been neglected and/or abused, by all lawful means, remove him to a safer environment. No argument about that.
Yahweh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
Yahweh wrote:
Markandeya wrote:
Dr Fran Young

No.

Quote:

So what?

His parents?

Addicts.

Hey, if the child has been neglected and/or abused, by all lawful means, remove him to a safer environment. No argument about that.

????

By 'lawful means'.

What is the difference between neglecting a child through lawful means and unlawful means.

Neglect is immoral and unlawful, by definition.
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahweh wrote:
seattlegal wrote:
Yahweh wrote:
Markandeya wrote:
Dr Fran Young

No.

Quote:

So what?

His parents?

Addicts.

????

By 'lawful means'.

What is the difference between neglecting a child through lawful means and unlawful means.

Neglect is immoral and unlawful, by definition.

{There must be a difference between how the English language is used between Seattle and Scotland.} Perhaps if I rearrange the order of the sentence clauses, you will understand: I wrote "remove the child to a safer environment" by all lawful means, if the child has been neglected or abused.
Once again, for the sake of clarity: I have no argument against removing a neglected or abused child to a safer environment, as long as removing the child from his family is accomplished by lawful means.

Last edited by seattlegal on Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Candrodaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:

Once again, for the sake of clarity: I have no argument against removing a neglected or abused child to a safer environment,

I normally favor a law that forces relocation of a child to members of extended family ie they are obliged to look after a neglected or abused child. It also puts better stress on family ties and ext family support. Hardly there are too many cases of people without ef.
now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candrodaya wrote:
seattlegal wrote:

Once again, for the sake of clarity: I have no argument against removing a neglected or abused child to a safer environment,

I normally favor a law that forces relocation of a child to members of extended family ie they are obliged to look after a neglected or abused child. It also puts better stress on family ties and ext family support. Hardly there are too many cases of people without ef.

Good point. I haven't known many hardcore junkies, but the ones i have known with children, the extended family did provide safety and nurturing for the children. Should those kids be removed by the state because of their parents problems?
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candrodaya wrote:
seattlegal wrote:

...And if the State removes children from their families, does this not also serve to break up extended families?
Yahweh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
Candrodaya wrote:
seattlegal wrote:

...And if the State removes children from their families, does this not also serve to break up extended families?

In reality, many heroin users become distanced from the famiy, either through choice or through the family getting fed up, as people can only take so much.

However, there are clearly cases when a family would be able to adopt the child, or foster it, from the heroin addict family member, on the provisio that they did not permit any heroin to be used around the child.

I am not suggesting that we start taking kids away for all sorts of reasons!

It is hysteria to propose that.

It is like saying that jails should be closed down, because potentially Government could place people in there, for anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: