Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Religion Die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Religion Die In a Century?
Yes, and there will be no religion in society
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Yes, the main one's will but small one's remain
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
There wiil be a huge revelation that will alter everything
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
There will be even MORE religion than there is now
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
The main religions will still have the power
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 31

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a bit of stuff from Edgar Cayce. ( pretty good guy, hard life )
Stuff that he channelled: "For ye are as a corpuscle in the body of god, thus a co-creator with him, in what ye think and in what ye do."

which sort of meant that we are all part of god. so therefore if we are made in gods image, then we are all part and parcel of god, which is ourselves. You could also call god universal consciousness or whatever you like. So Stop worshipping god, u are already there. NOW, so u just have to know yourself. Damn bloody hard... if u let it .

John Lennon was an escapist, in a nice way. Paul's song :"Let It Be" makes better sense. Live aaaaaaand Let live " Dont judge too much. Very Happy
elena
Why isn't anybody listening?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject: previous topic Reply with quote

Just checking to see why my posts are deleted and who is doing the
deleting?

Helen
elena

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Is this what you do to anyone who disagrees with your viewpoints?
Rat_bytes
But is reflection proof of life?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: wheat and chaff separated Reply with quote

Igottapee wrote:
Rat_bytes wrote:
elena wrote:
Humans are the only species who can make the choice to self-destruct and take their own life at will.

Not true. Whales will commit mass suicide by beaching themselves. When rescued, they will often just turn around and beach themselves again.
Yep, ratty, I think so too. The whales are deliberately committing suicide. I dont know why, nobody does. but it is true. They mean to do it. They have a reason that we cant understand but they do mean to do it.

Either that, or it's some kind of malfunction in their directional or orientational instincts.
now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the lemmings.
Rat_bytes
But is reflection proof of life?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now wrote:

Lemmings don't commit mass suicide, that was a lie perpetrated by an affiliate of the walt disney company.
elena

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: suicide or instinct Reply with quote

I thought suicide involved a decision to kill yourself. Decisions can only
be made by people who have the abiility to know what killing themself
means. Whatever animals do before they die cannot be called suicide.
When the situations or circumstances arise that cause animals to
respond with an activity that will result in their death, I really do not
think they had anything to do with it. They respond to instinct.

I am positive that I am not the only person who recognizes that humans
can, at their own will, make a decision to end their life on this planet
with a self-destructive act as a choice of their will.

Back to the subject, animals have instincts placed there by the One
or whatever caused them to appear. Humans have free will and because
of that one feature, are able to pick a day when they will die and do it
to themselves. They will make a plan and execute it and cause their
death, which makes them a responsible party in their own murder.

There is absolutely nothing that can stop the act of free will in another's
behavior. Human beings can do things to try to prevent what another
person does through incarceration, institutions, and death. If someone
wants to interfere with my desire to kill myself, who can stop me?

Why would someone purposely do something they know will end their
life?

My belief center has a different perspective than most of the world
because I try to see this life through a Power greater than myself.
So my viewpoints have a different starting place and I keep going
back to the center of my core being. Please forgive me for when I
get off track. I must remember that not everyone thinks like I do.

Rolling Eyes Laughing
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now wrote:

Or the sheep!
450 Sheep Jump to Their Deaths
By The Associated Press

posted: 08 July 2023
11:22 am ET

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) _ First one sheep jumped to its death. Then stunned Turkish shepherds, who had left the herd to graze while they had breakfast, watched as nearly 1,500 others followed, each leaping off the same cliff, Turkish media reported Friday.
In the end, 450 dead animals lay on top of one another in a billowy white pile, the Aksam newspaper said. Those who jumped later were saved as the pile got higher, cushioning the fall, the daily newspaper Aksam reported.

"There's nothing we can do. They're all wasted,'' Nevzat Bayhan, a member of one of 26 families whose sheep were grazing together in the herd, was quoted as saying by Aksam.

The estimated loss to families in the town of Gevas, located in Van province in eastern Turkey, tops US$100,000 (euro84,000), a significant amount of money in a country where average GDP per person is around US$2,700 (euro2,268).

"Every family had an average of 20 sheep,'' Aksam quoted another villager, Abdullah Hazar as saying. "But now only a few families have sheep left. It's going to be hard for us.'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know much about lemmings apart from the computer game.

Sheep always follow each other cos they are not very clever. So the sheep thing makes a bit of sense.

With the whales beaching themselves, well they are very intelligent. I think they are telling the humans to get fucked, they know they are better off on the other side. After all, earth is modelled on the other side to start with. We are just a form of matter which comes from thought. the whales know that..., whales and dolphins know heaps more than silly technological humans. If it comes around to another Atlantis situation, it will serve us right. I am not bothered.. Wink
now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igottapee wrote:
I dont know much about lemmings apart from the computer game.

Sheep always follow each other cos they are not very clever. So the sheep thing makes a bit of sense.

With the whales beaching themselves, well they are very intelligent. I think they are telling the humans to get fucked, they know they are better off on the other side. After all, earth is modelled on the other side to start with. We are just a form of matter which comes from thought. the whales know that..., whales and dolphins know heaps more than silly technological humans. If it comes around to another Atlantis situation, it will serve us right. I am not bothered.. Wink

Did you ever read 'So Long and Thanks For All The Fish' by Doug Adams? Great book.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Now. The last book of the trilogy in four parts. Great books !
Candrodaya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2023 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to my Cambridge Factfinder:

Faith--Estimated # of worldwide adherents, 1994
    Baha'ism---5,835,000
    Buddhism---338,621,000
    Christianity---1,901,148,000
    Confucianism---6,334,000
    Hinduism---764,000,000
    Islam---1,033,453,000
    Jainism---3,987,000
    Judaism---13,451,000
    Sikhism---20,204,500
    Shintoism---3,387,000
    Taoism---149,336,000

I wonder why on earth Islam, Christianity & Judaism are separated BUT Hinduism is one without showing the branches? I guess we, hindus, can leave in peace with each other?

Unbeliever
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2023 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candrodaya wrote:
Quote:
According to my Cambridge Factfinder:

Faith--Estimated # of worldwide adherents, 1994
    Baha'ism---5,835,000
    Buddhism---338,621,000
    Christianity---1,901,148,000
    Confucianism---6,334,000
    Hinduism---764,000,000
    Islam---1,033,453,000
    Jainism---3,987,000
    Judaism---13,451,000
    Sikhism---20,204,500
    Shintoism---3,387,000
    Taoism---149,336,000

I wonder why on earth Islam, Christianity & Judaism are separated BUT Hinduism is one without showing the branches? I guess we, hindus, can leave in peace with each other?

Given that there are so many, many religions in the world that one can have "faith" in, how can anyone determine which is the True Faith? Is there some experiment that can be performed that will unerringly point the way to the True Faith? Will some aspect of the real God let us know which is the True Faith? If so, why has it not yet told all of us which faith is true? Are all faiths in some sense "true? Are we to believe in a particular faith simply because our parents believed that faith? Or just because a particular faith appeals to us? Or merely because a government decrees a particular faith to be true, as did Constantine?

This, I think, is the central difficulty of believing any religion on faith.
Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2023 9:07 am    Post subject: the vatican on science Reply with quote

I believe it is a matter of sorting through the true scientific observations and the speculation. You know there is a problem when speculation trumps observation.[/quote]

VATICAN CITY - A Vatican cardinal said Thursday the faithful should listen to what secular modern science has to offer, warning that religion risks turning into "fundamentalism" if it ignores scientific reason.
ADVERTISEMENT

For whatever it's worth, i took this from yesterdays headlines on yahoo news...NOV 4TH 2004

Cardinal Paul Poupard, who heads the Pontifical Council for Culture, made the comments at a news conference on a Vatican project to help end the "mutual prejudice" between religion and science that has long bedeviled the Roman Catholic Church and is part of the evolution debate in the United States.

The Vatican project was inspired by Pope John Paul II's 1992 declaration that the church's 17th-century denunciation of Galileo was an error resulting from "tragic mutual incomprehension." Galileo was condemned for supporting Nicolaus Copernicus' discovery that the Earth revolved around the sun; church teaching at the time placed Earth at the center of the universe.

"The permanent lesson that the Galileo case represents pushes us to keep alive the dialogue between the various disciplines, and in particular between theology and the natural sciences, if we want to prevent similar episodes from repeating themselves in the future," Poupard said.

But he said science, too, should listen to religion.

"We know where scientific reason can end up by itself: the atomic bomb and the possibility of cloning human beings are fruit of a reason that wants to free itself from every ethical or religious link," he said.

"But we also know the dangers of a religion that severs its links with reason and becomes prey to fundamentalism," he said.

"The faithful have the obligation to listen to that which secular modern science has to offer, just as we ask that knowledge of the faith be taken in consideration as an expert voice in humanity."

Poupard and others at the news conference were asked about the religion-science debate raging in the United States over evolution and "intelligent design."

Intelligent design's supporters argue that natural selection, an element of evolutionary theory, cannot fully explain the origin of life or the emergence of highly complex life forms.

Monsignor Gianfranco Basti, director of the Vatican project STOQ, or Science, Theology and Ontological Quest, reaffirmed John Paul's 1996 statement that evolution was "more than just a hypothesis."

"A hypothesis asks whether something is true or false," he said. "(Evolution) is more than a hypothesis because there is proof."

He was asked about comments made in July by Austrian Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn, who dismissed in a New York Times article the 1996 statement by John Paul as "rather vague and unimportant" and seemed to back intelligent design.

Basti concurred that John Paul's 1996 letter "is not a very clear expression from a definition point of view," but he said evolution was assuming ever more authority as scientific proof develops.

Poupard, for his part, stressed that what was important was that "the universe wasn't made by itself, but has a creator." But he added, "It's important for the faithful to know how science views things to understand better."

The Vatican project STOQ has organized academic courses and conferences on the relationship between science and religion and is hosting its first international conference on "the infinity in science, philosophy and theology," next week.
Harsi
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: suicide or instinct Reply with quote

elena wrote:

My belief center has a different perspective than most of the world
because I try to see this life through a Power greater than myself.
So my viewpoints have a different starting place and I keep going
back to the center of my core being. Please forgive me for when I
get off track. I must remember that not everyone thinks like I do.
Rolling Eyes Laughing

To me it makes very much sence what you wrote. Very refreshing indeed.

With best wishes
Harsi
www.harimedia.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: