Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Kool-Aid Spewing Twinkie

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you predict the reaction will be?
People will agree
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ignore my comment
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
The thread will go silent
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
They will try to defend Ann
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'll become an object of scorn (what's new?)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
They will ban me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
something else (specify please)
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Who the heck cares?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject: A Kool-Aid Spewing Twinkie Reply with quote

On a mostly conservative political forum, on a thread regarding Ann Coulter's remarks at CPAC, I said:
Quote:
Hey, what's Kool-Aid without the Twinkies?

...then waited to see what would happen. Then I made a remark that Ann Coulter and Michael Moore deserve each other. Then someone said that liberals resort to making fun of Ann's appearance because "she just keeps scoring goals."

I said, "if you want to call me a liberal for my implying that Ann Coulter is a Kool-Aid spewing Twinkie, feel free to do so. It still doesn't make me a liberal. Wink"

What do you predict the reaction will be?
Rat_bytes
But is reflection proof of life?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2023 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Scoring goals"? Just what goals would these be? Accusing 9/11 wives of enjoying their husband's deaths, maybe? Whining like a little bitch when she gets her ass handed to her by that brunette woman (I forget her name). I have no idea how coultier managed to gain such a following, but it scares me.
now
I think they get the picture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2023 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shudder to even think what "mostly conservative"Rolling Eyes political forum you were on. The reaction will depend very much on which forum; from being ignored, accused of being a 'democRat' plant, banned, or threatened with death if you're playing with the real freeptards. You'll probably get the same sort of reaction I've gotten for suggesting Cindy Sheehan might be a self centered attention seeker on more 'liberal' leaning boards.

Actually i was recuperating from some dental surgery and watched most of that conference on C-Span. I really felt bad that those bitter old pows and vets honestly believe the US could have, or even did win that war, the poor old bastards. It's incredible how decieved people have been.
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you recover quickly from your dental surgery, Mr. Now.

Well, it turned into the usual liberal/conservative mutual bashing fest. One of the liberals didn't quite catch the subtlety of my opening joke, and started going off about how twinkies might help Ann's anorexia, which started a "liberals never insult a man for the way he looks and are therfore anti-feminist" bash, (I wish I would have been able to find a "Michael Moore is a big fat plagiarizer" thread at DU.) This was then followed by a mutual "conservatives/liberals are such hypocrites" bash, with a few personal insults thrown in from both sides.

After I more fully explained my implied "Ann Coulter is a Kool-Aid spewing Twinkie" post, no one addressed it up front, but did mention that conservatives did have differing opinions about Ann, and how liberals don't slap their own down when they say something off-color. (I wish I would have had some links to the Cindy Sheehan slap downs.)

No banning, no being accused of being a "plant," or anything like that.

<edit to add>
Now one of the liberals has started an "Is Ann Coulter Gay?" thread. Laughing
now
I think they get the picture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2023 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen Conservapedia yet?

Here's something on it from the dreaded du's weekly top 10 conservative idiotsThey came in #10, (the Coultergeist natch topped it out
Quote:
At Conservapedia you can enjoy such delightful entries as this one on dinosaurs, which speculates that "there are a number of lines of evidence that point to dinosaurs and man coexisting." Conservapedia cites such reliable sources as Answers in Genesis, which notes that "in Papua New Guinea's The Independent newspaper, a 'dinosaur-like reptile' was seen on two occasions in the Lake Murray area."

There's a link to a similarly interesting article on gravity Very Happy

Ought to make you glad you self-identify more as a libertarian Wink
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now wrote:
Have you seen Conservapedia yet?

What a hoot! Very Happy

Quote:
Ought to make you glad you self-identify more as a libertarian Wink

Now, don't be blowin' my cover. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: