Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What religion are you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  

I am..
Not religous, I am atheist
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Buddhist
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Catholic
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Hindu
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Muslim
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Hindu
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Agnostic
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Mormon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Quaker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other (do tell!)
37%
 37%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 43

Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2023 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Walker Bush is 6 6 4, so he can't be the antichrist, unless he just screwed that up like he does everything else.

The "er" was secretly removed by the shadows..
Fujiwara no Sai
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be noted that agnostic is not a religion, it is a statement of knowledge. Literally, agnostic means "without knowledge". You can be agnostic of anything. In the case of god belief, agnostic would denote a lack of knowledge on the existence of gods. It should also be noted that a person can be agnostic and be atheist or theist.

But anyway, I'm atheist, former Christian. If you want to get into qualifiers, I'm an agnostic atheist. I lack knowledge of any deity because I have seen no convincing evidence that one exists. This lack of knowledge and evidence leads to a lack of belief in deities.
Streamenter
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujiwara no Sai wrote:
It should be noted that agnostic is not a religion, it is a statement of knowledge. Literally, agnostic means "without knowledge". You can be agnostic of anything. In the case of god belief, agnostic would denote a lack of knowledge on the existence of gods. It should also be noted that a person can be agnostic and be atheist or theist.

But anyway, I'm atheist, former Christian. If you want to get into qualifiers, I'm an agnostic atheist. I lack knowledge of any deity because I have seen no convincing evidence that one exists. This lack of knowledge and evidence leads to a lack of belief in deities.

While sometimes i like the logic of aithiestic people, i also often feel that it can limit our own mind. I follow a path of vipassana which has no belief system to it, but then again it doesn't deny anything. I feel and have experienced several times in thought and experience that i am severely limited in my approach to such difficult concepts of God exists and God doesn't exist. While i don't put any label on you alot of atheists almost fundamentally deny an existence higher than what we currently experience.

I feel that i am a small speck in a limitless universe, so how can i possible know what is what. I am just trying to understand the mind of an atheists. I don't worship a god but i am not an atheists, may sound confusing but i neither believe nor deny the existence of God, especially in the Christian sense of a person who judges us according to his standards.
I think the eastern thought is far more advanced and developed in describing normal consciousness and a path our of normal consciousness to our true state.
Rat_bytes
But is reflection proof of life?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streamenter wrote:
Fujiwara no Sai wrote:

While sometimes i like the logic of aithiestic people, i also often feel that it can limit our own mind. I follow a path of vipassana which has no belief system to it, but then again it doesn't deny anything. I feel and have experienced several times in thought and experience that i am severely limited in my approach to such difficult concepts of God exists and God doesn't exist. While i don't put any label on you alot of atheists almost fundamentally deny an existence higher than what we currently experience.

I feel that i am a small speck in a limitless universe, so how can i possible know what is what. I am just trying to understand the mind of an atheists. I don't worship a god but i am not an atheists, may sound confusing but i neither believe nor deny the existence of God, especially in the Christian sense of a person who judges us according to his standards.
I think the eastern thought is far more advanced and developed in describing normal consciousness and a path our of normal consciousness to our true state.

You sound like a deist/agnostic to me.
I totally agree with the "small speck" thing, I think it's probably the only sensible path to take when you consider how totally, astronomically vast the universe is, and how small and frail we are.

Yeah, you definately sound like some kind of gnostic agnostic, if that makes any sense. You don't deny a god, but you don't KNOW that there is one either. I'm more of a strong atheist, I think the idea of god is a purely human concept - but I admire your sensible philosophy.
Fujiwara no Sai
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streamenter wrote:
While sometimes i like the logic of aithiestic people, i also often feel that it can limit our own mind.

I can assure you that not all atheists are logical. Atheists are capable of the same illogical and irrational thoughts that some theists are. The only difference is that atheists lack a belief in gods.

Quote:
I follow a path of vipassana which has no belief system to it, but then again it doesn't deny anything. I feel and have experienced several times in thought and experience that i am severely limited in my approach to such difficult concepts of God exists and God doesn't exist. While i don't put any label on you alot of atheists almost fundamentally deny an existence higher than what we currently experience.

Atheists aren't denying anything, either. They simply have a lack of belief while not making any claims about the existence or non-existence of gods. However, there are atheists that make such a denial, but the same burden of proof that falls on a theist to prove that gods exist would fall on the atheist to prove that gods don't exist. Since there is no way of knowing whether or not a god exists, at least in the most generic non-religious sense of the word, the majority of atheists are agnostic atheists.

Quote:
I feel that i am a small speck in a limitless universe, so how can i possible know what is what.

I can honestly agree with you on this. The universe is a vast and seemingly limitless thing, having been in existence for billions of years, and we are merely a flicker of that existence.

Quote:
I am just trying to understand the mind of an atheists. I don't worship a god but i am not an atheists, may sound confusing but i neither believe nor deny the existence of God, especially in the Christian sense of a person who judges us according to his standards.

I hope you don't take offense to this, but to say that you don't believe a god exists would make you an atheist in some sense of the word. But like Rat_bytes said, you sound more like a deist than an atheist.
dogfish
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat_bytes wrote:
I have proved that you are mistaken, for I am surely god. See, I have written here that I am god, and god doesn't lie.

I am nearly a god, but alas i am just dog.

all i say is true.
Nksagar
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfish wrote:
Rat_bytes wrote:
I have proved that you are mistaken, for I am surely god. See, I have written here that I am god, and god doesn't lie.

I am nearly a god, but alas i am just dog.

A step of beinnging not ending yet you are GOD
just try HIM.
www.Nksagar.com.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asatru, me Very Happy
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sthir wrote:
George Walker Bush is 6 6 4, so he can't be the antichrist, unless he just screwed that up like he does everything else.

Yeah, that's probably true *laughs*
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariam wrote:
hi every one,

i wanna ask you something>>have you ever read about Aslam ??
have you ever read the wholyQuran??
offcours you havn't.
try to read about it .but from the right source.
you will never hate it ...belvie me .
i wanna help you becouse you are my sisters and brothers in Aslam
( inshallh )>>>Moslums say this word when they want something to be true it's like(please god make it true)
i really want to meet you in heaven
if you have any questions please ask.

#i'm not good in english but i will try hard to make you understand every thing in Islam.
you sister

Erm....sorry, but I am not a member of Islam, nor do I want to be: I am comfortable with my beliefs. Thank you all the same for the offer
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compjudge4now wrote:
In the face of so many "one true faiths", yet lacking any definitive proof one way or the other, the only rational stance available:

Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic.

"We don't know, and we don't care."

https://www.apatheticagnostic.com/index.html

oh, that's amazing! *grins*
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now wrote:
The thing with all this stuff is i've been on this planet less than half a century, and i've seen probably a dozen people called the antichrist and hundreds of 'clear signs' of fulfillment of prophecy and the end times were here.

Do you know why? It's generally because one can, to a certain extent, interpret predictions to make them sound fulfilled: just look at all of Nostradamus' preditions - "He's finally fulfilling his promises!"...er, no he isn't - you've just taken something that sounds like it corresponds with a certain line or stanza, fitted them up, and hey presto.

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone and apologise if I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: