Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what happens after our bodies die?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what happens after our bodies die?
sayonara
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
soul goes to heaven, or hell
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
soul goes to heaven, there is no hell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
soul persists in a spiritual realm
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
soul continues to reincarnate eternally
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
soul reincarnates until achieving liberation
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
i don't know, but i'm not worried about it
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
other, explain
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Rat_bytes
But is reflection proof of life?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2024 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh - I think Sagar, in his own special way, just pulled some righteous ownage on Marky's already sore buttocks!

seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2024 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Obstinates,adaments and with closed minds are all in category of Hatta Yoga.

Yep. With exclusive devotion, you often get jealousy and related aspects as a by product.
Nksagar
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
Quote:
Obstinates,adaments and with closed minds are all in category of Hatta Yoga.

Yep. With exclusive devotion, you often get jealousy and related aspects as a by product.

Thanks for extending the thought.
www.Nksagar.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
krsna dasa
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually i think in his own way markandeya is perfectly correct. Spiritual life is not about high minded ideals and a rejection of everyday facts. Often people think that spiritual life is turning away from the realities of the material suffering. Actually the point is embrace and understand and get a true feeling of material nature, by this process one develops detachment, then by detachment true feelings of renunciation of the material existence arises. Markandeya should have elaborated more on the Sanskrit meanings. Tapa is austerity, without austerity there is no chance of spiritual realization, and just to meditate on nice inspiring verse asa mentall ex cerise is not going to bring one any true realisation. It will only in my opinion give a sense of imagination to what is the feeling of true consciousness. Sadhana means a developed and practiced path of attainment, and sadhya means the object and goal. Sadhana and sadhya have to operate together otherwise it again falls into the mind game of thinking and imagining we are spiritual. Its the same as in my profession when i council people, first of all the best thing to do is to make people more pragmatic. Often people who are manic depressed have 2 extreme mood patterns. Firstly the are feeling very low and most lowly, and then in a flash almost they can feel like there extremely special and have high minded thoughts, each is as dangerous as the other.

I too will fully agree that nice spiritual petry is not a complete way of saying thats its practice, and Nksagar use of simple high minded quotes and sayings is just an imagined or hoped reality that may exist once we become liberated.
Streamenter
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting krsna dasa. I am a practicing Buddhist. I follow the goenka tradition of meditation. Before doing a retreat i read so much about spiritual life, peoms by sri aurobindo were my favourite. In normal daily life i would recite nice passages and they made me feel elated. But i was confused about what religion i wanted to practice, i thought that each religion has there own angle and approach and to mix them may cause confusion. So i heard about vipassana. So i thought i will do a retreat and experience all these things in the solace of silence that the 10 day retreats offer. MAN! did i have a suprise, it was like a living hell, i saw all the unclean things in my heart. I didn't feel good at all for the first 5 days, i was suffering intensely, i was thinking all the time where is the bliss where is bliss, why are not all these beautiful verses that i had learnt becoming an actuality in my mind. But after 5 days when i started to accept that i am an unenlightened person, and to look at the reality of the presence of the hindrances in my mind i learn't to relax and accept myself for what i was. I began to let go of high minded ideals as a practice for spiritual life. And i agree fully with markandeya that just quoting nice poetic verses of the sages does not mean that we automaticaly become spiritual.

BTW, i know and have met many hare krishnas, and for better or worse i admire that they practice what the preach. They rise early, do spiritual chanting, refrain from intoxicants and meat eating and live very seriously by there methods, i admire that. I don't always agree with all the philosophy, but i would put that down to me not fully understanding it. On this site i think that your posts and aged hippys are the most spiritual, i would say markandeya when he puts his mind to it, but unfortunatley he likes to play up the mess of a person rat b. Maybe rats should try a goenka course to see what's going on in his mind.
Rat_bytes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streamenter wrote:
Very interesting krsna dasa. I am a practicing Buddhist. I follow the goenka tradition of meditation. Before doing a retreat i read so much about spiritual life, peoms by sri aurobindo were my favourite. In normal daily life i would recite nice passages and they made me feel elated. But i was confused about what religion i wanted to practice, i thought that each religion has there own angle and approach and to mix them may cause confusion. So i heard about vipassana. So i thought i will do a retreat and experience all these things in the solace of silence that the 10 day retreats offer. MAN! did i have a suprise, it was like a living hell, i saw all the unclean things in my heart. I didn't feel good at all for the first 5 days, i was suffering intensely, i was thinking all the time where is the bliss where is bliss, why are not all these beautiful verses that i had learnt becoming an actuality in my mind. But after 5 days when i started to accept that i am an unenlightened person, and to look at the reality of the presence of the hindrances in my mind i learn't to relax and accept myself for what i was. I began to let go of high minded ideals as a practice for spiritual life. And i agree fully with markandeya that just quoting nice poetic verses of the sages does not mean that we automaticaly become spiritual.

BTW, i know and have met many hare krishnas, and for better or worse i admire that they practice what the preach. They rise early, do spiritual chanting, refrain from intoxicants and meat eating and live very seriously by there methods, i admire that. I don't always agree with all the philosophy, but i would put that down to me not fully understanding it. On this site i think that your posts and aged hippys are the most spiritual, i would say markandeya when he puts his mind to it, but unfortunatley he likes to play up the mess of a person rat b. Maybe rats should try a goenka course to see what's going on in his mind.

You may not agree with it or condone it, but I get my spiritual experiences from mind-altering drugs - I just haven't found another way that works for me. I find hallucinogens are very effective at getting us to think outside the box of existance - especially marijuana (yes, I know it's not a hallucinogen, but I've experienced what could be called hallucinations while high on it).
Most of these experiences and theories that you'll come up with while in the grip of the drug make perfect, universe-shattering sense to you at the time, but the morning after, in the light of day you can see them for what they really are... Just incoherent stonedness.

Although, I'd like to try some stronger Magic Mushrooms. I've heard people can reach a certain kind of enlightenment while on these, and unlike the other drugs the sense of enlightenment lasts - and it makes you a better person for it. Of course, there's always a chance that you'd have a bad trip, and totally fuck your head up. I'm scared of trying them, to be perfectly honest.
Streamenter
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to agree with or condone taking drugs.

But what i would say is that there is definately a spiritual vibration, and we have to ease into it slowly and methodicaly. Thats why i agree with the hare krsna that we should do it methodicaly. I feel that taking lsd or mushrooms isn't a spirtual experince it's an illusion of the qualities of the cerebral, it sometimes speeds up and personfies our perceptions. I think everday we have many thoughts, sometimes alot irrational thoughts, day dreams and are unaware of the impressions that the external world has on us. I think lsd expecially from experience just speeds these up and gives us a hightened perception, i don't think it has anything to do with the true nature of mind or any real spirtual experience. But it does give an indication of gradualy easing ourself into the ultimate realm, where we constantly feel liberated and nver return to a state of illusion, we never come down, not like drugs it's a quick way up and a quick way down, sometimes with a THUD Crying or Very sad
Rat_bytes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streamenter wrote:
I am not going to agree with or condone taking drugs.

But what i would say is that there is definately a spiritual vibration, and we have to ease into it slowly and methodicaly. Thats why i agree with the hare krsna that we should do it methodicaly. I feel that taking lsd or mushrooms isn't a spirtual experince it's an illusion of the qualities of the cerebral, it sometimes speeds up and personfies our perceptions. I think everday we have many thoughts, sometimes alot irrational thoughts, day dreams and are unaware of the impressions that the external world has on us. I think lsd expecially from experience just speeds these up and gives us a hightened perception, i don't think it has anything to do with the true nature of mind or any real spirtual experience. But it does give an indication of gradualy easing ourself into the ultimate realm, where we constantly feel liberated and nver return to a state of illusion, we never come down, not like drugs it's a quick way up and a quick way down, sometimes with a THUD Crying or Very sad

I don't know if it's spiritual at ALL, but it's the only kind of spirituality that really fits with me. It's like an equivalent, if you catch my drift.
Mind-altering drugs will certainly change the perceptions you have of normal, everyday things. Trees, for example, become the most beautiful things you've ever seen. When you're high, trees possess an unreal, almost ethereal quality that makes you want to climb them and understand them and commune with them. How can this enormous, hard object also be alive? What beautiful things these leaves are. etc etc.
Nksagar
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

May we return to topic as what happens to our bodies after we die.
which body dies its material body dies and spirtual is everlasting it has to be left over otherwise the cycle of revoultion and rotation will also end in its own way.As we are part of bigger revolution and rotation is solar system of which atomic system also rotates in simpler form in evry atom we cannot set aisde that our simpler part is not rotating in its life.
www.akshardham.com
www.Nksagar.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: subject Reply with quote

Nksagar wrote:
which body dies its material body dies and spirtual is everlasting it has to be left over otherwise the cycle of revoultion and rotation will also end in its own way.As we are part of bigger revolution and rotation is solar system of which atomic system also rotates in simpler form in evry atom we cannot set aisde that our simpler part is not rotating in its life.
www.akshardham.com
www.Nksagar.com

Are you suggesting that time in the material sense is dependent upon timeless spirit? What about the Law of Thermodynamics? Does it suggest an increase in the separation of spirit and matter?
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: subject Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
Nksagar wrote:
www.akshardham.com
www.Nksagar.com

Are you suggesting that time in the material sense is dependent upon timeless spirit? What about the Law of Thermodynamics? Does it suggest an increase in the separation of spirit and matter?

Holy smokes! A whole new dimension for such things as perpetual motion machines, etc., as related to the use of dowsing rods and such! OK, my brain just went into overdrive....
Nksagar
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: subject Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
seattlegal wrote:
Nksagar wrote:
www.akshardham.com
www.Nksagar.com

Holy smokes! A whole new dimension for such things as perpetual motion machines, etc., as related to the use of dowsing rods and such! OK, my brain just went into overdrive....

Think of absolute space only rest follows.
www.Nksagar.com
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Nksagar
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:
Quote:

When the space is absolute,we all can have space,then shall come motion,time.etc etc.
www.nksagar.com
www.akshardham.com
dogfish
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nksagar wrote:
seattlegal wrote:
Quote:

When the space is absolute,we all can have space,then shall come motion,time.etc etc.
www.nksagar.com
www.akshardham.com

What are you talking about, maye your english isn't good enough to explain, or maybe it's just attuer nonsense.

all i say is true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: