Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what happens after our bodies die?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what happens after our bodies die?
sayonara
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
soul goes to heaven, or hell
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
soul goes to heaven, there is no hell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
soul persists in a spiritual realm
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
soul continues to reincarnate eternally
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
soul reincarnates until achieving liberation
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
i don't know, but i'm not worried about it
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
other, explain
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject: what happens after our bodies die? Reply with quote

"In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness."

- Mahatma Gandhi

incase you're wondering what prompted me to post this topic, this quote surfaced recently and it got me thinking again... who isn't curious to know? I'm not exactly looking forward to it but what in the hell does happen after we're gone? if you've got some different theories, feel free to share...

Razz oh and just for fun, here's what the death psychic had to say about my demise...

"While you're walking down a busy street, a suicidal maniac jumps from an apartment window thirty stories above you. Unfortunately for both of you, the maniac lands directly on you. You're crushed to death, and the suicidal maniac walks away unscathed."

(i've got good ears, i'm sure i would've heard the guy screaming on the way down...nuff time to move outta the way, hehe)

check it out for yourself if your in for a laugh...

https://www.thedeathpsychic.com/
Avalon
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject: What happens? Reply with quote

The body - soma disintergrates, the body - you goes to one of two destinations, either hades/sheol or paradise II.

Future events will determine at what point the physical body will be reunited with you. The dimensions are kept for reconstruction, at one of several prophecied events. [details of this are rather difficult to explain on a forum.] I have done a book on this.
now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my body will be recycled into the universe as gases and minerals. What happens beyond that no one can know and I don't really care, because I live my life by the precept(s) universal to all belief systems. So i figure i'm covered Very Happy

It can be fun to ponder but it's really not important.
mayesvara das
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens at the time of death depends on:

(1) kama (the desire of the living entity)
(2) karma (the results of one's actions in this life)

These two factors combine and determine the future birth of the living entity in one of 8,400,000 species of life. The living entity is born not only on this planet but in various situations of life (according to desire and karma) all over the universe. The living entity rotates on the wheel of repeated birth and death until he seeks salvation. Salvation or liberation from birth and death is of two types:

(1) Personal salvation, where one resumes their original position in the spiritual world as a servant of God.

(2) Impersonal salvation, where one enters into the impersonal brahmajyoti or 'light of God,' as a spiritual spark. The living entity, however, cannot remain here, because he is eternally a person, and is agitated again for personal relationship. Due to ignorance of Krishna, the living entity falls again into the material world and resumes his struggle in the cycle of birth and death.

Only by re-establishing one's personal relationship with Krishna can the living entity ever be peaceful and return home back to Godhead:

"From the topmost planet in the material world down to the lowest all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one who attains to my abode, O son of Kunti never takes birth again." (Bg 8.16)

Therefore in Krishna consciousness we are preparing ourselves to think of Krishna at the time of death:

"And whoever, at the end of his life, quits his body remembering Me alone at once attains my nature of this there is no doubt." (Bg 8:5)

The different planetary systems within the universe are described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam 5th Canto, and throughtout the Bhagavatam the Lord's transcendental abode is described. In conclusion:

"Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship the ancestors will go the ancestors; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; and those who worship Me will live wiith Me." (Bg 9.25)
Yahweh
Why isn't anybody listening?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wormfood I'm afraid.

There might be a future way to "eternal life", but it will not be through the lies of mysticism and obcurty, but through science.
clabhdhu
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend
Before we too into the dust descend;
Dust into dust, and under dust to lie,
sans wine, sans song, sans singer, and - sans end!"

"...one thing is certain, and the rest is lies;
The flower that once has bloomed forever dies."

FitzGerald's Omar Khayyam; (at least someone from those quarters saw things clearly! )
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2023 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Yahweh"]Wormfood I'm afraid.

quote]

Considering it was about the body only i agree with this one.
Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2023 6:40 am    Post subject: precepts Reply with quote

now wrote:
I know my body will be recycled into the universe as gases and minerals. What happens beyond that no one can know and I don't really care, because I live my life by the precept(s) universal to all belief systems. So i figure i'm covered Very Happy

yeah, i suppose your right. the more you think about it the less sense it makes...uncertainty is there for a reason...the important thing is to live for the moment, equanimity makes sense, other wise what's the point?

hey, you ever visit e-sangha?

later
now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sthir wrote:

Very occasionaly, but I mostly just come here and to democraticunderground for news and politics. So many forums and so many better things to do Laughing
Avalon
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: precepts Reply with quote

Sthir wrote:
now wrote:

yeah, i suppose your right. the more you think about it the less sense it makes...uncertainty is there for a reason...the important thing is to live for the moment, equanimity makes sense, other wise what's the point?

later

Sthir,

I don't really care....? live for the moment.....? where is the wisdom...'prepare for eternity' ? Clearly these are said in jest. Laughing
Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject: tomorrow never knows Reply with quote

Avalon wrote:
Sthir wrote:
now wrote:

later

Sthir,

I don't really care....? live for the moment.....? where is the wisdom...'prepare for eternity' ? Clearly these are said in jest. Laughing

life is what happens to you while your planning for eternity...enjoy your stay..
Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject: salaam Reply with quote

now wrote:
Sthir wrote:

Very occasionaly, but I mostly just come here and to democraticunderground for news and politics. So many forums and so many better things to do Laughing

thanks for the link, i checked it out and it seems pretty open minded...unlike some places recently... Laughing

so i've noticed you've been saying "salaam" lately, you going Islam on us? hehe

metta
Gouranga das
I think I am finally getting through

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2023 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now-
Quote:
because I live my life by the precept(s) universal to all belief systems. So i figure i'm covered

Not so easy..! Sad

https://www.krishna.com/main.php?id=72
Avalon
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject: Barbie Reply with quote

Gouranga das wrote:
Now-
Quote:
because I live my life by the precept(s) universal to all belief systems. So i figure i'm covered

Not so easy..! Sad

Not if you wanna look like Barbie. Laughing
Avalon
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Barbie Reply with quote

Avalon wrote:
Gouranga das wrote:
Now-
Quote:

Not so easy..! Sad

Not if you wanna look like Barbie. Laughing

Oneness or Starvation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: