Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rudest, most annoying proselytizers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rudest, most annoying proselytizers
Jehovahs Witnesses
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Mormons
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Born ag'in Christians
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Ammidhayas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hare Krishnas
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Rudest, most annoying proselytizers Reply with quote

I'm sure we've all run into some of these. Who in your experience are the worst?
now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also feel free to add any funny experiences you've had with them. Or as one as the case may be. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm    Post subject: pretty obvious my vote Reply with quote

yes, well, hari's in this forum !
In real life it would be mormons, but the big picture in australia would be xians, cos that is our culture.

( in real life, hari people are ok, have restaurants and stuff, nice to people)

Dont know what it would be like in other cultures... but the last time I was in north London, the muslim community looked very unfriendly when I walked up and down Queensway, didnt like us whitey peeps at all. I was too scared to go into any of their food places. That will teach me to go to north west part of London, just north of Hyde Park. A bit intimmidating. hmm, cant spell, Laughing
Diggi Schräder
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily we only have one Hari Krishna over here, & not many Jehova's witness. I don't like anybody trying to convert me. At least the Jehova's witness never come to my house anymore, last time they came I had some friends round & one of them thought it'd be hilarious if he answered the door naked & invited them in, needless to say they never came in & we've never had them knock on our door ever again.

...fnord...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rat_bytes
But is reflection proof of life?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2023 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have chosen Hare Krishnas, but in real life I've found them to be quite pleasant people, far from the aggressive, arrogant ones we get in here. Right-wing born again christians I'd say are the most annoying.
seattlegal
Oh look! It's a mirror!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the person that does the annoying, and not the religion. JMHO.
Diggi Schräder
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, but some religions are more prone to it than others. Like Christianity for example, propagating the word of God is a part of their religion, shoving it down our throats is encouraged!

...fnord...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seattlegal wrote:

I'd have to disagree with you on this SG. There are individuals who are more annoying based on their personalities, but all of the groups i listed [i] require [i/] proselytization as an obligation on their adherents( I understand the emphasis on this is under debate with hk's). JW's, mormons and some born agi'ns require a period of participating in organized 'missionary' work before someone is considered a fullfledged adult member. And the groups themselves do direct the tactics to be used.
aged hippy
I think they get the picture

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2023 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, in this small town there are no haris - or if there are they are polite, and keep themselves to themselves.

Yes, i've developed a 'thing' about haris, probably due to the behaviour of some of them who invaded GuL.
It's a shame how a minority - due to their ignorant behaviour - can blight the majority, but it is the case.
Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2023 1:39 am    Post subject: my experience Reply with quote

Rat_bytes wrote:
I would have chosen Hare Krishnas, but in real life I've found them to be quite pleasant people, far from the aggressive, arrogant ones we get in here. Right-wing born again christians I'd say are the most annoying.

My sentiments exact... all the Hare Krishnas i've encountered both at the Venice Beach and Culver City temples here in California are exremely kind and generous people...amicable, caring, tolerant...this forum paints a completely different picture it seems, i hope in the future my brothers and sisters have more respect for one another.

Born again Christians....were do i start?
Confused
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2023 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
( in real life, hari people are ok, have restaurants and stuff, nice to people)

Such true words. Cool
Candrodaya
Why isn't anybody listening?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now wrote:
seattlegal wrote:

I'd have to disagree with you on this SG. There are individuals who are more annoying based on their personalities, but all of the groups i listed [i] require [i/] proselytization as an obligation on their adherents.

Not true. There is no obligation for any gaudia vaisnava (for exemption of one of two types of monks) to preach. In fact its an offence to preach to someone who has no faith whatsoever.

now
I can see clearly now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candrodaya wrote:
now wrote:
seattlegal wrote:

I'd have to disagree with you on this SG. There are individuals who are more annoying based on their personalities, but all of the groups i listed [i] require [i/] proselytization as an obligation on their adherents.

Not true. There is no obligation for any gaudia vaisnava (for exemption of one of two types of monks) to preach. In fact its an offence to preach to someone who has no faith whatsoever.

ISKCON's Mission
Srila Prabhupada gave a clear mission statement for ISKCON which is outlined in the following seven points.

The Seven Purposes of ISKCON

1. To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all people in the techniques of spiritual life .......
2. To propagate a consciousness of Krishna (God), as it is revealed in the great scriptures of India, Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.
https://www.iskcon.com/about/mission.html

Explain that.
clabhdhu
Does anyone believe me?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two JWs came to our door when we lived in a rural backwater. They were invited in, because it was that sort of place, but I immed. made it clear that I was not interested in conversion. They lived in a neighbouring village and we found we had a lot in common. They came back regularly but it gradually became evident that they believed in water dripping on a stone and that their 'friendship' had just one aim. We were saved the necessity of confronting this because they had to move to look after a sick relative.

I base my vote partly on this personal experience but more on the fact that it seems to me the most selfish, inward-looking religion of those I know (You may guess from that that I've had little experience of Rapturists).
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2023 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now wrote:
Candrodaya wrote:
now wrote:
seattlegal wrote:

ISKCON's Mission
Srila Prabhupada gave a clear mission statement for ISKCON which is outlined in the following seven points.

The Seven Purposes of ISKCON

1. To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all people in the techniques of spiritual life .......
2. To propagate a consciousness of Krishna (God), as it is revealed in the great scriptures of India, Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.
https://www.iskcon.com/about/mission.html

Explain that.

Your so full of it, be annoyed and then deal with it. Read and re read Saci Prabhu's post.

I thought Buddhist have to have right view. Confused

Pour clean water into a dirty glass and what do you get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: