Godulike Forum Index Godulike
An irreverent look at the faith industry
Buy Godulike Stuff at Shopulike

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rudest, most annoying proselytizers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rudest, most annoying proselytizers
Jehovahs Witnesses
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Mormons
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Born ag'in Christians
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Ammidhayas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hare Krishnas
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

Diggi Schräder
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2023 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markandeya rishi wrote:
Pour clean water into a dirty glass and what do you get.

A glass that contains dirty water, that is clean on the outside & dirty on the inside?

...fnord...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2023 1:43 am    Post subject: blah Reply with quote

Diggi Schräder wrote:
markandeya rishi wrote:
Pour clean water into a dirty glass and what do you get.

A glass that contains dirty water, that is clean on the outside & dirty on the inside?

depends on what you perceive as dirty...same goes for clean...
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2023 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that why we have to go beyond perception.
Maisie
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't vote on this poll as it disturbed me too much.
Candrodaya
Why isn't anybody listening?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2023 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now wrote:
Candrodaya wrote:
now wrote:
seattlegal wrote:
I think it's the person that does the annoying, and not the religion. JMHO.

I'd have to disagree with you on this SG. There are individuals who are more annoying based on their personalities, but all of the groups i listed [i] require [i/] proselytization as an obligation on their adherents.

Not true. There is no obligation for any gaudia vaisnava (for exemption of one of two types of monks) to preach. In fact its an offence to preach to someone who has no faith whatsoever.

ISKCON's Mission
Srila Prabhupada gave a clear mission statement for ISKCON which is outlined in the following seven points.

The Seven Purposes of ISKCON

1. To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all people in the techniques of spiritual life .......
2. To propagate a consciousness of Krishna (God), as it is revealed in the great scriptures of India, Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.
https://www.iskcon.com/about/mission.html

Explain that.

There is no contradiction on the two above. Iskcon mission is outlined. Individual obligations are not.

At present any person who claims to be ISKCON is in ISKCON.

BTW proselytization of a particulal faith and proselytization of spiritual knowledge to society at large is quite different from each other.

To propagate consciousness of Krishna one should start with his own cons. Only when one is mature -- one shoud expand it to others. Immature expansion may be good for self purification, but is not always appreciated.... as you have noticed.

elena

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2023 5:07 am    Post subject: who is most annoying? Reply with quote

When I looked over the list to choose which religion was most annoying,
of course, born-again Christians came to my mind. They are so arrogant
and self-righteous. There is only One righteousness.

I like to believe that I am not better than anyone and no worse than anyone. Another way to put it is that no one is better than me and no one is worse than me. It seems that all religious people have a need to try to change others. This cannot be done. The only person we can change is ourselves.
So to take a message out in the form of religion and try to convert others to believe as you do is actually an attempt in futility. Even when religious people manage to so-called "convert" someone, it is only because someone caved in under the pressure of their "witnessing."

I do not care how people believe. It is their choice, just as it is mine. I have no desire to tell people how they ought to live and believe. What is
interesting to me is to find individuals who have discovered the truth for
themselves and it is the same as what I found in my searches for truth.

People who live weird, do weird acts of humility that only feed their arrogance and pride, pride themselves for all their piety and separation from others because they feel they have an inside track and want all they meet to know the "real truth" are annoying to me because of their closed= mindedness. When someone wants to argue about their religion being the only one and cannot accept me just the way I am, I know that person is already suffering from delusions of granduer.

No one knows God. Absolutely no one. We have heard about Him,
read about Him, visited all sorts of worship places, met all kinds of people claiming to know His mind, etc. I believe in none of it. Don't have to cause I can't believe anyone who claims they know God..

I thought I might find at least a couple people in godulike forums that
actually knew what the truth was, and I have met some who know a
little. For the most part they are all mixed up in too many false writings,
false prophets, false teachers and the like. They all claim there is One
God and it is theirs.

But because we are all on a journey toward life or death, every choice that one makes only serves to prove their destiny. So who am I to say
to them they are wrong. If they are, further seeking and honesty will reveal what they need to know.

I have not yet heard one person in godulike who is interested in giving up all their religious ideas in search of true spiritualilty. What does happen is those who are religious have some sort of spill they want you to know
about their prophets and what page it is on that really cannot apply to
the whole world as a principle to live by.

A message from God from a messenger that can work for everyone and anyone and produce the same results in all who accept it would be the truth for me. In the end, the people who wear orange for God, black for God or nothing for God will come to realize that their own ideas of
righteousness matter nothing at all if they do not possess His greatest
gift.

So argue on and on and on and on and on. Want to be right or happy????

A very special person
who is loved by my Creator
and that is all I need to know for now.

Helen
Sthir
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: true/eurt Reply with quote

elena wrote:

I have not yet heard one person in godulike who is interested in giving up all their religious ideas in search of true spiritualilty. What does happen is those who are religious have some sort of spill they want you to know
about their prophets and what page it is on that really cannot apply to
the whole world as a principle to live by.

I'm interested in giving up all ideas including religious to find my true spiritual nature, love and happiness... perhaps when i've found this, i'll no need to ask or care to know anything else, or visit forums for insight and scattered truth....if you think about it, you can apply true to just about anything, you can shape and mold it according to your liking....who is to say what everybody needs, wants, or hopes for but themselves?

My happiness i can envision clearly, but i won't know if it's just another prank of mayas until i arrive at this celestial moment in time and figure it out first hand. I don't believe in universal cookie cutter beliefs that claim to know what is best for me...maybe later in time i'll arrive to a different conclusion based on more experience/karma but as of now, i hate waking up early in the morning, i prefer to stay up late enjoying the silence of the moon and the stars...i don't feel a need to ask for something that is already known, i expect only what i deserve and that is a peace of mind from the whole...

scattered thoughts...
elena

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject: I was wrong, I am sorry, forgive me. Reply with quote

Okay, so I have met one person so far and it is you. I guess by your response I know that anything you need to know shall be revealed unto you because you cannot die to your own desires more than you have expressed.

See, I told you it was lonely when you find yourself and God. No one really wants to believe you if you do it your way.

May you always be blessed in all you do. I can now say that I have a friendwho understands me, whom I can understand, and we do not need to teach each other anything about God because we know Him in our limited ways for this period of time on earth.

I guess we could say it would be nice to add another person to our understanding of God and then we would be three if anyone cares to identify with how we feel and believe about God.

Take care and may your day be filled with goodness and love. No matter what happens, as my son Nathan says, Mom, it is all good!

lovingly and with sincerity, Helen
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: who is most annoying? Reply with quote

Born agains...don't get me started!

elena wrote:

No one knows God. Absolutely no one. We have heard about Him,
read about Him, visited all sorts of worship places, met all kinds of people claiming to know His mind, etc. I believe in none of it. Don't have to cause I can't believe anyone who claims they know God..

I don't mean to sound antagonistic, but you're assuming that I am monotheist Very Happy

elena wrote:

I thought I might find at least a couple people in godulike forums that
actually knew what the truth was, and I have met some who know a
little. For the most part they are all mixed up in too many false writings,
false prophets, false teachers and the like. They all claim there is One
God and it is theirs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you being hypocritical there? You claim to know "the truth", and at the same time you deny all others who know "the truth"...personally, I'll stick with my ideals and beliefs - they are right for me, and I am not fussed whether or not they apply to others Cool

elena wrote:

A message from God from a messenger that can work for everyone and anyone and produce the same results in all who accept it would be the truth for me. In the end, the people who wear orange for God, black for God or nothing for God will come to realize that their own ideas of
righteousness matter nothing at all if they do not possess His greatest
gift.

Again, the monotheism thing...

elena wrote:

So argue on and on and on and on and on. Want to be right or happy????

*tilts head* I'm sure you have just been claiming to be right AND happy Confused

Yours in happiness and what is right for me,
Regin
Fujiwara no Sai
Can anybody hear me?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike the rare encounter with a Jehova's Witness or Mormon, I have never met a Born Again Christian that was understanding of the fact that I'm not interested. I'm perfectly content with my atheism, and I don't need some arrogant little prosyletising machine destroying my karma with their bullshit.

If I were interested, I would hear them out. But I've been through the rigors of being a Christian once already, and I'm not interested in trying to convince myself that there is a father figure being in the sky that actually cares about me, when I already have a real father. I have bigger and more important things with which to concern myself.
elena

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject: What I think is truth may only be my own thoughts. Reply with quote

So hello, new person to me on godulike forums.

I assume no one is interested in God. What for? Who wants to believe
in something that might require change of behavior?

I really do not need to convince anyone of anything. I do have my own
beliefs and viewpoints, but I also know that personal beliefs are
achieved through a person's own search for truth, if they even do that.

I am antiChristian. Jesus was not a Christian. He never preached from a Bible. Never built a church building. Never took an offering. He was a
total Jew from the Tribe of Judah and fulfilled at least 2,000 prophecies
as proof as one who came from God. There are about 500 more to go
and it looks like they are being fulfilled before our very eyes. He did
give us the generation that would be present here on earth when He
reuturned and some prophets have said it was 2012 or 2026 according
to mathematical conclusions. It matters not to me.

This world has to get so rotten that no one would be alive if God did not
step in. So the apple has to get quite a bit more rotten before He shall
return. Like a woman whose pain is greatest just before birth, the trials
and tribulations of the people in the world have to get bad in the same
way. We are in pain now, but I assure you, this is just the beginning
of the end of evil and much has to happen before the godhaters in the
world shall be destroyed. But we know where most of them live and so
does Israel. All the nations who hate Israel shall be wiped out just
before the return of His Son. Maybe He will come back before the
great big war to destroy evil from off the earth, I don't know. I do know
this that anyone who does not want to treat others the way they want
to be treated may be eliminated because it is those kind of people who
create evil and destruction with their thoughts. Unfortunately, they are
the ones who are in power for right now.

Do you actually believe that our destiny shall be left in the hands of
people who can kill others thinking they are doing a service for God?
Fraid not. All the messes in the middle east are a product of people
thinking God is telling them to kill anyone who does not believe like
them. How utterly sick. And to think it is all to be able to be screwing
virgins in heaven when they can't even love the women and children
that are right in front of them. It is the crazy people who don't know they are crazy that are making the troubles here. We are all crazy, but the
ones who admit it are the ones who are sane.

I am sorry I so annoyed you. You do not annoy me. I accept you for whoever you are and whatever you think you believe. Who can stop
you? Who wants to! You are in your own mindset and your ego is
attached to your own thoughts and you think everyone else is wrong
or stupid if they do not agree with you. Isn't that sort of narrow
minded. Stay open minded because that is how to learn the truth.

Just chalk me up for whatever you wish. It really has nothing to do with
the reality of who I am for what you think of me is none of my business.
I just know that your resentful attitudes would make me uncomfortable
to be around you because you judge people before you know them.

Your anger is coming from your ego attachment to the thought that you
think you are so right. How do you know you are right? What do you
use as a guide to test your thoughts to see if they are true and
correct? Or do you depend on what you have been taught from others
who thought they knew the truth but only got it from others too?

There is a way to know the truth, but most people won't pay the price
to find it. Too bad. It is their loss for being stubborn and unteachable.

I hope you have many nice days any way you can.

Helen

P.S. You may have been through the rigors of being a Christian once
before but I can assure you that you were not a true believer in God
because Christians are the biggest deceivers and liars about God on
this planet and they do it with a passion loaded with their own self-
righteous ideas that have nothing to do with the righteousness of the
One True God.
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elena wrote:

I am antiChristian. Jesus was not a Christian.

Point taken heartily - I fully agree with you

elena wrote:

fulfilled at least 2,000 prophecies as proof as one who came from God. There are about 500 more to go
and it looks like they are being fulfilled before our very eyes. He did
give us the generation that would be present here on earth when He
reuturned and some prophets have said it was 2012 or 2026 according
to mathematical conclusions. It matters not to me.

Did Nostradamus or the Mayans come from God? Because their prophecies are being fulfilled. Just thought I'd point that out Very Happy

elena wrote:

Do you actually believe that our destiny shall be left in the hands of
people who can kill others thinking they are doing a service for God?

Where in the world did you get that assumption from?? *frowns in confusion* and yes, if you knew me, you would heartily call me insane Razz

elena wrote:

I am sorry I so annoyed you. You do not annoy me. I accept you for whoever you are and whatever you think you believe. Who can stop
you? Who wants to! You are in your own mindset and your ego is
attached to your own thoughts and you think everyone else is wrong
or stupid if they do not agree with you. Isn't that sort of narrow
minded. Stay open minded because that is how to learn the truth.

You don't annoy me - it's just the way you spoke: it inferred to me that you thought you held "the truth" Confused
WAIT! STOP THERE! Refer to my points in my last post - my beliefs are my own, and I am comfortable with them. It has taken me at least five years of searching before I stumbled across what I am today - and yes, I literally stumbled across it. I am anything but close minded - and from what you have said, I could just as easily turn it around on you with little difficulty, because it would still apply: we are both firm in our beliefs (I know this because you speak so), and so we can either shout erach other down with "MINE IS BETTER!"...or we can just accept that each person's beliefs are right for them - personally, I'm taking the latter road, whether you are or not.

elena wrote:

I just know that your resentful attitudes would make me uncomfortable
to be around you because you judge people before you know them.

I wasn't judging you, I was simply pointing out things you said. I do not resent you, your religion, or anything about you *raises eyebrow* I am actually sitting here with a cup of tea (with on teaspoonful of honey, to be specific - much better than sugar! Cool ) and grinning - sorry to destroy your judgement of me so soon Embarassed

elena wrote:

Your anger is coming from your ego attachment to the thought that you
think you are so right. How do you know you are right? What do you
use as a guide to test your thoughts to see if they are true and
correct? Or do you depend on what you have been taught from others
who thought they knew the truth but only got it from others too?

I depend on myself, my research, and my independant thought...I refuse to accept what I am taught without research, because then I would be surrendering my free thinking.
Anger? *laughs* thanks for the psychoanalysis, but I do not think I am so right: if something comes along to prove me wrong, I'll accept it. Until then, I'm as I am...could you say the same about yourself?
Any anger that may actually be present at the moment comes from the fact that you're still being a hypocrite Confused you ask me how I know I am right, speak about my beliefs and "how can I be right"?...but then you imply that you are, of course, correct *tilts head*

elena wrote:

There is a way to know the truth, but most people won't pay the price
to find it. Too bad. It is their loss for being stubborn and unteachable.

Yes, there is a way: but it isn't the way of being lead like sheep. I accept that you've found your own path - and I like it - but please, stop claiming that it is "the truth".
And yes, I am stubborn *sticks tongue out* and proud Very Happy

elena wrote:

I hope you have many nice days any way you can.

Thank you - the feeling is returned as for me, I'll live my days by deed and blot - and be the happier for it *grins*

elena wrote:

P.S. You may have been through the rigors of being a Christian once
before but I can assure you that you were not a true believer in God
because Christians are the biggest deceivers and liars about God on
this planet and they do it with a passion loaded with their own self-
righteous ideas that have nothing to do with the righteousness of the
One True God.

I will never be a "true believer" in "God" because I personally don't agree with monotheism. I used to be Catholic, yes - but as I have said, independant searching has lead me to my conclusion - to a path that I have happily chosen - not been lead to - and I am fully content with it. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I agree with your comment - as I said above, I agree with your beliefs over those of Christianity
Note: you haven't even asked what path I am yet *grins and pokes Helena*
Yours in friendship,
Regin
elena

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject: what path you am yet? Reply with quote

You are not a path and what path you are on is not you. I do not need
to know what path you have chosen. I don't care where it leads you.
You are the captain of your destinty and where you end up will be the
result of all the choices you have made.

There is no wrong way to believe in God. Yes or No?

Because you seem to be so satisfied with your faith, and actually feel
no need to search further unless you are challenged sufficiently to
question the foundation of your beliefs, I would say that your confidence
in what you believe to be the truth for you is well founded and supported
with sufficient evidence that you need not fear anyone or anything concerning it.

Here is the test I would propose for me to find out if you have found the
only one truth that can set you free!

Have you found love? Have you found yourself? Did you find God at
the same time?

Could you kindly just answer these questions the best way you know how.
Why? I am curious, that is all. If you and I have the same answers to the questions and have never met each other as seekers of truth, I would say that our sources are probably the same.

I do not proselytize! I have no literatre to sell, no books to promote,
no where to invite anyone to church, no one to preach to or save,
no clerical garb, no particular religion to embrace, I just believe in
love and the highest expression of it through Agape' - unconditional
love. I am human. I err. I ask forgiveness. I give forgiveness to
myself, others and God for my not understanding His will all the time.
I am loved no matter what I do! My friends are those who love Him too.
To each His own.

Well, I am writing a book I thought I would call, "Not for Born Agains".
Or maybe "Everything about Jesus You Were Afraid to Ask" and also
I would write a screenplay if I knew how, about Jesus doing God's will
in the world today. It is straight from the Bible so religious people could
not say it wasn't in there, but the times, places, people and dates would
all be changed to show that it would be the Christians who would kill
Him this time because He would fuck up their ability to sell Him like a
piece of merchadise for their own egotistical beliefs about how God is
and who He is.

I don't think it is time for this project because He would supply the help I need to accomplish this blockbuster movie that could change the way the
world looks at religion. Money is not important. Raising the conscious
level of truth about God would be my object because when we raise our
conscious level of truth for ourselves we also raise God consciousness
around us and the world.

I think Mel Gibson could do a good job, but I am just a nobody who loves
God so much I would give my own life if it would help His cause. This
creation in my mind, I believe God gave to me. I think it was His gift.
If I don't find a way to get it out, then I will have to accept that maybe
I just don't have what it takes to get the job done. That is why I want
some people to get together with so we can hammer a script based
on the King James Version of the Bible that would prove society has
not changed and hatred for change and the truth is just as real today
as it was 2000 years ago when a simple human told the truth and got
crucified for it. Well, He didn't really die. I am living proof of that!

Speak to me my friend? Are you a real God lover or are you afraid to
come out of the closet and declare yourself a lover of truth? I guess you
cannot declare what you are not willing to bet your life on.

Helen
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: what path you am yet? Reply with quote

elena wrote:

You are not a path and what path you are on is not you. I do not need
to know what path you have chosen. I don't care where it leads you.
You are the captain of your destinty and where you end up will be the
result of all the choices you have made.

I never said I was a path: I said I am on the path that is best for me Very Happy that said, it is settled.

elena wrote:

There is no wrong way to believe in God. Yes or No?

Yes: the Inquisition, Jihads, the Crusades: they have all proved this. People can and do believe differently about God - and while I would say that they are just the different ways of expressing the "right" view, I still think that people can believe "wrongly" about it: hence the mistakes that have been made in history who thought God would be pleased with them.

elena wrote:

Because you seem to be so satisfied with your faith, and actually feel
no need to search further unless you are challenged sufficiently to
question the foundation of your beliefs, I would say that your confidence
in what you believe to be the truth for you is well founded and supported
with sufficient evidence that you need not fear anyone or anything concerning it.

*grins* true - about both myself and you, I believe

elena wrote:

Here is the test I would propose for me to find out if you have found the
only one truth that can set you free!

Have you found love? Have you found yourself? Did you find God at
the same time?

-I have found love...and I cannot express how differently it made me view life. I have found Agape, Storge, Eros and Filia - but you refer to Agape, and I can say yes particularly to that, as it was such an experience.
-I have found myself: I know who I am, the mistakes I make - my flaws and my strong points.
-Yes, you could say that - although you'll have to wait to the end to find out why I have replied to this bit in such a roundabout way.

elena wrote:

I do not proselytize! I have no literatre to sell, no books to promote,
no where to invite anyone to church, no one to preach to or save,
no clerical garb, no particular religion to embrace, I just believe in
love and the highest expression of it through Agape' - unconditional
love. I am human. I err. I ask forgiveness. I give forgiveness to
myself, others and God for my not understanding His will all the time.
I am loved no matter what I do! My friends are those who love Him too.
To each His own.

I don't think I said that you do proselytize Confused I do apologise profusely if I did, however - for it is a grave insult to equate you with the Born Agains and the Witnesses *shudders*
Speaking of Agape...you are a Situationist, in that you follow the ethical theory of Situation Ethics? I'd be very surprised if you didn't, considering your terminology and your philosophy on life Very Happy

elena wrote:

Well, I am writing a book I thought I would call, "Not for Born Agains".
Or maybe "Everything about Jesus You Were Afraid to Ask" and also
I would write a screenplay if I knew how, about Jesus doing God's will
in the world today. It is straight from the Bible so religious people could
not say it wasn't in there, but the times, places, people and dates would
all be changed to show that it would be the Christians who would kill
Him this time because He would fuck up their ability to sell Him like a
piece of merchadise for their own egotistical beliefs about how God is
and who He is.

If you want my frank advice on this, I don't think either of those names would do it justice - just my views. I do, however, think that it is a brilliant idea - the Christians adopted the teachings of Jesus and tainted them, as you have said - reversing them to suit their own ends. Their is also a lot of tainting they did when they assimilated the Pagan religions, in order to gain more followers, and more control. I respect the Pagans of all the different pantheons, but I also think that the Christians, if they were spreading the teachings of Jesus, should have actually done so, rather than comprimising by making their religion a hybrid one,a nd so diluting the original message that Jesus had.

elena wrote:

Raising the conscious
level of truth about God would be my object because when we raise our
conscious level of truth for ourselves we also raise God consciousness
around us and the world.

again, my advice? Be very careful there, lest you do become a born again - but in different clothing. I do not mean to offend here, but your good intentions could easily be corrupted by such things - not necessarily by you, but by others - namely, the Christians seeking to twist anything about Jesus to their own ends.
Note: I'm only trying to help - you don't have to take my advice, as it is human advice and thus is fallable

elena wrote:

I think Mel Gibson could do a good job, but I am just a nobody who loves
God so much I would give my own life if it would help His cause. This
creation in my mind, I believe God gave to me. I think it was His gift.
If I don't find a way to get it out, then I will have to accept that maybe
I just don't have what it takes to get the job done. That is why I want
some people to get together with so we can hammer a script based
on the King James Version of the Bible that would prove society has
not changed and hatred for change and the truth is just as real today
as it was 2000 years ago when a simple human told the truth and got
crucified for it. Well, He didn't really die. I am living proof of that!

I did have the idea of writing a commentary on the Bible - based on as much of an objective interpretation as is possible...I think that far too many people misinterpret what is said - far too many people use it to their own ends, for whatever purpose (referring back to the Crusades, the Inquisition, etc). That said, I thought that a good alternative would be to actually write a book fully based on Jesus's message and teachings...I don't really think the Bible does it well enough Confused

elena wrote:

Speak to me my friend? Are you a real God lover or are you afraid to
come out of the closet and declare yourself a lover of truth? I guess you
cannot declare what you are not willing to bet your life on.

Ah, you did say previously that you did not want to know my path - yet here you challenge me *laughs, then grins* I am not afraid to reveal myself - and have already done so in another poll posting Razz I shall do so again, however: I am a member of the religion called Asatru: it is polytheistic, although I hold that the threefold creator of the world and of humanity (Odhinn-Vili-Ve or Odhinn-Lodhurr-Hoenir depending on which source you take the names from) is probably one and the same with the Abrahamic God, YHVH. That said, you can already see my beliefs generally in what I've said Very Happy and no, Asatru does not consider itself a Pagan religion, because it is much more thorough in it's reconstructionism *laughs*
I am a true lover of my deities, and thus I honour them wherever possible and that said, I dedicate my life to my deities - I am fully willing to bet my life on my beliefs, just as you are - I will declare it and follow it through, in turn - I myself also desire to be an author - have desired to write fiction since I was praised for a short story I wrote when I was 10 Very Happy - but it has also been my purpose to write factually about aspects on my beliefs - to dedicate myself to them as thoroughly as you do to yours Very Happy
Yours in friendship (for truly, are we not similar?),
Regin [/b]
Regin_Vangyr
Is anybody out there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I meant "no" - people can believe wrongly about God *blushes* sorry for the mistake!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Godulike Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: